Might 28 (Reuters) – Canada’s primary inventory index treaded water on Tuesday, as losses in financials had been offset by good points within the know-how sector.
* At 9:41 a.m. ET (1341 GMT), the Toronto Inventory Alternate’s S&P/TSX Composite index was up 2.86 factors, or zero.02%, at 16,349.52.
* Six of the index’s 11 main sectors had been larger, led by good points within the know-how sector, which rose 1.2%, whereas financials slipped zero.6%, probably the most among the many sectors.
* Financials had been harm by a 2% decline in shares of Financial institution of Nova Scotia after the financial institution missed analysts’ estimates for quarterly revenue for the third time in a row.
* The know-how sector was boosted by broad-based good points.
* The power sector dropped zero.three%, harm by a four% drop in shares of Enerflex Ltd after Raymond James lower its value goal for the corporate’s shares.
* Oil costs alternatively rose, with U.S. crude up 1.three% and Brent crude gaining zero.1%.
* The supplies sector, which incorporates treasured and base metals miners, misplaced zero.1% as gold costs eased from one-week highs.
* On the TSX, 117 points had been larger, whereas 115 points declined for a 1.02-to-1 ratio favouring gainers, with 18.88 million shares traded.
* The highest share gainers on the TSX had been shares of NFI Group Inc, which jumped 7.four%, adopted by shares of Bombardier Inc, which rose four.four%.
* Enerflex fell probably the most on the TSX adopted by Scotiabank.
* Probably the most closely traded shares by quantity had been Stornoway Diamond Corp, Suncor Vitality and Solar Life Monetary.
* The TSX posted 11 new 52-week highs and no new low.
* Throughout all Canadian points there have been 42 new 52-week highs and three new lows, with whole quantity of 31.58 million shares. (Reporting by Shreyashi Sanyal in Bengaluru)
Our Requirements:The Thomson Reuters Belief Ideas.